HOW TO KEEP YOUR AU PAIR HAPPY...
A lot of families ask me how to keep their au pair happy and get the most out of the help she can give. Here are some ideas...
- Please treat your au pair like part of the family. These girls are not maids and have come from their family to yours and need all the support you can give.
- Please give her the same food as your family, or at least offer it. Girls always comment that they are given different food or small portions. If it was YOUR child abroad would you want this for them?!!
- Please make sure they donít end up working ALL DAY! This does not make the au pair happy, and she may walk out!!
- Be flexible, she is young.
- Ask her how you can help her settle in - does she need help with schools, or travel to London, etc.
- Ask if she needs to go home during the year to see family. We all get homesick sometimes!
- Talk to her, after all she is here to learn English.
- Always treat your au pair like you would like your child to be treated if in another family's care.
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW AU PAIR!